Are you aware that the foods you consume could be the cause of your oral problems? Food not only can discolor your teeth, it can also damage your tooth enamel, cause cavities, and cause physical damage to your teeth. Shielding your teeth and gums from harm begins by exercising caution and keeping track of everything that you eat.
Focus your oral health care on risky food avoidance. Save your smile with eating healthy and these important facts:
– If you are not careful, hard candies can chip and crack teeth, so always exercise caution when biting into hard products such as candy apples, lollipops, and even corn kernels.
– The acids in foods can be used to weaken tooth enamel and increase your risk for tooth enamel and cavities.
– Sour candies display low pH levels and high acidity that can cause dental erosion and extreme tooth sensitivity.
Sticky and Chewy Foods:
– Sticky snacks like gummy worms and taffy can stick to your teeth and gums and cause damage to your mouth long after eating them.
Sugary Sweet and Drinks:
– Sugars can be used by bacteria in your mouth to cause dental erosion and cavities.
To schedule an oral exam for your pearly whites at Jupina Dental, simply book an appointment at our dentist office in Hayward, California, with Dr. Joan M. Jupina and the rest of our team. We can be reached at 510.783.1414. Let us help make your smile one to be proud of!