You can exercise your waistline, and conquer your ghosts and demons, but don’t forget to protect your teeth and gums as well. The longer candy is in contact with your teeth, the longer tooth decay can occur. Here are six spooktacular tricks to treat your teeth well:
– Avoid hard candy, which can chip teeth, and is difficult to brush away, or sticky candy, which can stick to the teeth’s enamel, and speed up the rate of tooth decay.
– Be sure to remember that the longer candy is in contact with your teeth, the longer tooth decay can occur. As always, be sure to brush and floss.
– Try to indulge in healthy treats. Your sweet tooth need not be limited only to sugary snacks this season.
– Visit your dentist for an oral exam and professional cleaning.
– Dispose of any extra candy lying around after the holiday, as you may find yourself eating it for weeks afterward.
– If you have children, swap out their candy for toys they may have been interested in, as a way for them to enjoy the joys of trick-or-treating, but also to stop them from eating buckets of candy afterward. You could also offer a buyback program to the child, and offer the child money, or incentives, in exchange for their candy.
From everyone at Jupina Dental, we wish you a safe, fun, and happy Halloween! To learn more, or to schedule an appointment, please call us to at 510.783.1414, or stop by our office in Hayward, California.