If you are looking for a treatment that can help with your tooth sensitivity, our Jupina Dental team is thrilled to help you! Depending on the cause for your sensitivity, there are many treatments that can finally restore your oral health and give you the comfort you deserve. Some of the treatments available in the world today include:
· Desensitizing toothpaste: Desensitizing toothpaste is a great product that contains a compound that blocks the pathways that lead to the tooth’s nerve. If the pathway is blocked, the sensations are no longer allowed through.
· Fluoride gel: Fluoride gel is available at our office and it strengthens your tooth enamel and also blocks the pathways leading to your tooth nerve.
· Dental work: There are many simple dental treatments that can help with tooth sensitivity, like a dental crown, dental inlay, and dental bonding. These products can be used to correct a flaw in the tooth or eliminate tooth decay.
· Surgical gum graft: Surgical gum grafting can help if your tooth roots have been exposed. This generally occurs when your gums pull away from your teeth because of gum disease. The graft can pull your gums into place, protect the root, and reduce the sensitivity.
· Root canal treatment: Root canal treatment is the last resort when it comes to fixing tooth sensitivity. However, it will provide beneficial results if the other treatments have failed to work.
Call Jupina Dental today at 510.783.1414 of you have any questions or if you would like to know more! We also encourage you to schedule an appointment with Dr. Joan M. Jupina if you’re interested in taking a step toward relieving your sensitivity. We are happy to meet with you and determine the best course of action for your smile. We look forward to helping you!